West Side Sports Complex Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » West Side Sports Complex « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Andy Grevsmuehl
Username: Grevsmuehl

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   

What is the sstatus of the new sports complex that is supposed be built on the east side of Lone Star Ranch?

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 164
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 08:41 am:   

Andy,

City Council approved a contract with Carter and Burgess at Tuesday night's meeting to prepare construction documents. Preparation of the documents should take approximately six to seven months to complete. The Parks and Recreation Board and the Community Development Corporation are having a joint meeting on June 30, at 6:30 at the Chamber of Commerce meeting room to discuss the master plan and what elements are being incorporated into Phase One. You are welcome to attend that meeting.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent

jason h
Username: Jhoxsey

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 09:50 am:   

I know that the first phase will be built from Forest Manor going north in early 2006 but is there a time line for when the second phase will be funded from Forest Manor going south.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 04:58 am:   

Jason,

Thank you for your question regarding the future development of the Southwest Community Park. At this time, there has not been a determination of when the second phase of development will occur at this park site.

I would imagine that this will be examined over the next 12 months as the first phase of construction takes place and funding for the second phase is determined.

Feel free to contact me or our staff for additional information about this or other projects.

Sincerely,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
(972) 335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

jason h

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 04:20 pm:   

Hello again, I'm having several people ask me when the start date will be for the park. Do we have time timeline yet or are they still working on one?

Thank You

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 02:48 pm:   

Jason H,

Thanks for the note regarding the development of B.F. Phillips Community Park. At this time staff is working with the consultants as they work through the design process of the Phase I work of the park. Planning design for the park are near 50% completion and completion of these plans are expected within the next 2-3 months.

Once completed, I would anticipate that actual work on the construction of this phase of work would begin within 60-90 days of that time frame. Actual construction, once initiated would take anywhere from 9-12 months to complete.

All of the timelines referenced above will be clearer as design of the phase I work has been completed.

Should you or anyone else have additional questions regarding the construction of the park, please feel free to contact me or our staff at any time.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
(972) 335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

jason h

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 03:32 pm:   

I missed one of the meeting but will Forest Manor
still connect to the park or did they change the design of it. At one of the meetings people asked that that street not be connected so people would not drive through Lone Star Ranch to get to the park. So B.F. Phillips Community Park is the same as Southwest Community Park I take it? Also Im guessing its safe to say construction should start around summer time for Southwest Community Park for the first phase?

Post Number: 184
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 09:52 am:   

Dear Jason H,

Thanks for your question regarding the B.F. Phillips Community Park development. In regard to your question about Forest Manor, it does connect to Trails Side Drive which parallels the Park. There is a smaller parking lot adjacent to Trail Side Drive. You can also view the link to the master plan for the park at:

http://www.friscotexas.gov/uploadedFiles/Departments/Parks_Recreation/Southwest_ MP.pdf

You are correct in that what we have formally referred to as the Southwest Community Park is now B.F. Phillips Community Park. The plans are approximately 50% complete at this point. I am hopeful that we can bid the project this Spring if all goes well.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at 972-335-5517 or by email at draymond@friscotexas.gov

Sincerely,

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent.

Kristin
Username: Kristin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 07:51 pm:   

When can we expect construction to start on B.F. Phillips Community Park (formerly called Southwest Community Park? I looked at the plans and they look great!

Post Number: 210
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 08:15 am:   

Kristin,

Thanks for your note about B.F. Phillips Community Park. Plans for the park are progressing well with the design consultant and the Construction Manager at Risk.

We anticipate that construction will likely begin in mid summer and continue for about 12-14 months. Based on that scenario, completion would occur in the fall of 2007.

If you have any additional questions about this or any other park site, please let me or our staff know.

Thanks again for your interest.

Rick Wieland
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Chuck Brown
Username: Csb001

Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 09:06 am:   

I have a couple of additional questions regarding B.F. Phillips Community Park.

1) The master plan shows a portion of the park (at the southern end) with parking lots, Natural Area, Playground, etc. Will this be part of the Stewart Creek Meadow HOA? Is public access planned for these facilities?

2) Is the mountain bike trail at this location still planned? I've heard it will be maintained by DORBA. Is there any additional information available?

Post Number: 214
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 02:19 pm:   

Dear Mr. Brown,

Thanks for your note regarding the B.F. Phillips Community Park site and its future development.

In answer to your questions, I would offer the following.

The southern area of the community park is located outside of the Stewart Creek Estates development, which lies east of Fourth Army Memorial Road. B.F. Phillips property actually runs along and west of Fourth Army Memorial Road, north of Lebanon to Timber Ridge Drive.

We are looking at providing a trail linkage to the Stewart Creek Estates HOA area to B.F. Phillips Community Park in the future. Our staff is currently looking at that potential project and hope to have more information within the next 2-3 months.

In regard to the mountain bike trail at B.F. Phillips Community Park, the current trail was initially developed by DORBA and supposed to be maintained by them as well. While we have experienced some disappointment with this partnership to this point in time, there might be a better opportunity for such a trail in another park site.

As we begin analyzing our two remaining undeveloped community park sites and our regional park (Grand Park), we will look to see if there is a better location for such an amenity.

Thanks again for your questions and interest. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our staff at 972-335-5517.

Sincerely,

Rick Wieland
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

jason hoxsey
Username: Jasonh

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:41 am:   

Any word on when they might start construction of the park, the plans look great.

Post Number: 226
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 02:35 pm:   

Jason,

Thanks for your note and comments about B.F. Phillips Community Park. Phase I construction of the park is expected to begin by October of this year.

More details on exactly what components will be a part of this will be forthcoming within the next couple of weeks as cost estimates are finalized.

Once construction of this phase has begun, I would anticipate that this will continue for a period of 12-14 months.

Should you have any additional questions regarding this, please feel free to let me or our staff know.

Sincerely,

Rick Wieland
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Westsider
Username: Westsider

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:24 pm:   

Rick, on the masterplan for B.F. Phillips Community Park, I notice there is a section showing a "hike and bike trail to Lake Lewisville."

I would be VERY interested in seeing this implemented as this would be a most welcome addition for the city! I am a fairly regular cyclist and have many issues finding a good trails that don't involve heavy amounts of traffic.

Is there a timeframe for when this planned hike/bike trail can be completed?

Thank you!

Post Number: 229
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 11:12 am:   

Westsider,

Thanks for your note regarding the hike and bike trail system linking from B.F. Phillips Community Park to Lake Lewisville.

The City has been working on this project for several years now. As you stated, it will extend from the BF Philips Park to Lake Lewisville. The trail corridor crosses both private property and US Army Corps of Engineer property.

The USACE submitted this project for federal funding last year however none were allocated. At this point, timing of the project will be controlled by when federal funds can be appropriated for the project. It is primarily a partnership project with the USACE. If you have any additional questions regarding this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Superintendent
972-335-5517
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Chuck Brown

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 02:51 pm:   

Rick, in an earlier post you stated "Phase I construction of the park is expected to begin by October of this year."

Any updates to that timeframe?

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 03:21 pm:   

Chuck,

In discussing this with our Parks Planning and Capital Projects Superintendent, Dudley Raymond, I learned that the park's 90% design review is currently underway.

Our parks consultant will then make what necessary changes or revisions to the plan once reviewed by all of the affected departments in the City.

Our Construction Manager at Risk will then provide a cost estimate for the park, which enables the company to establish a pricing for the park prior to construction taking place.

Based on this information, I would anticipate that construction on the park would take place during the fall, prior to the end of the calendar year.

Please feel free to contact Dudley Raymond directly about this to get a clearer picture of the development status of the park. Dudley can be reached by calling 972-335-5517 or through email at draymond@friscotexas.gov.

Thanks again for your interest,

Rick Wieland
972-335-5517
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Chuck Brown

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 07:06 am:   

What is the current schedule for the construction of B.F. Phillips Community Park?

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 351
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 08:33 am:   

Mr. Brown,

This question was recently asked and responded to in a different thread entitled 'Park Plans'. Here is a link to that thread.

http://message.ci.frisco.tx.us/scripts/show.pl?tpc=1&post=9926#POST9926

(Message edited by admin on January 03, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: