No Signage for Fire Station #5 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » No Signage for Fire Station #5 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Username: Burgess

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 01:42 pm:   

Are there any plans to complete the street signage for Fire Station #5? It has been over 5 years that the signage has never been completed, all there has been is a blank brick sign with holes for electrical conduits...not even simple letters to indicate it's a fire station for anyone traleveling on Eldorado near Independence.
It really is an eye-sore. While other stations have electronic signs that advise community info, this station has the signage of an abandoned building. Since this is on a major artery coming into the City of Frisco, it would be a better reflection if something could be done about this.

(Message edited by admin on July 07, 2011)

Username: Paul_siebert

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 02:11 pm:   

Mr./Ms. Burgess,
We are continuing to evaluate the best options and technology available for these signs. Recently the sign at Station 6, also on Eldorado Parkway, was out of service for quite some time due to repairs at the expense of the vendor.

We are very aware of our role in keeping expenses low during the current economic conditions and we continue to prioritize these expenditures for the best possible outcome. When funds become available in the future we will evaluate the available sign options and make a decision at that time how to proceed.

I would invite you to attend our Citizen's Fire Academy in order to gain further insight into our overall operations. I appreciate your question, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Paul Siebert
Assistant Fire Chief
Frisco Fire Department

Derek Thompson
Username: Grab01d

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 03:14 pm:   

Any updates to the sign at Fire Station #5?

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 563
Posted on Monday, December 09, 2013 - 04:24 pm:   

Currently this is no funding for station sign improvement. We will address when money becomes available; it is in the queue and was part of our bond proposal.

Mark I Piland
Fire Chief
Frisco Fire Department

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message