What lead air monitoring has the city... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » What lead air monitoring has the city been involved with? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jon
Username: Jonzub

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:28 pm:   

Does the city have seperate, more accurate, data than the EPA study?

(Message edited by admin on August 25, 2010)

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 02:51 pm:   

My letter requested that the proposed limits of the non-attainment area be calculated on real world data collected from the air monitors around the Exide plant, rather than Exide’s current permit limits for lead emissions.

As an aside, I have been told by TCEQ reps that the air monitor which was located on the south side of Exide years ago was removed because it showed such low levels of lead emissions going south of the plant. The rep also told me that he knew that the non-attainment area did not go south of the plant as depicted by the computer generated non-attainment area.

It seems to me that our citizens are better served by using known emissions data as provided by the air monitors to determine any non-attainment area, rather than by just simply inputting permits limits as the assumed emissions.

We have requested direct links from the TCEQ to the air monitoring data to provide to our citizens. We will post the link as soon as we receive it.

Thanks
George Purefoy
City Manager

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: