Tree limbs due to Storm - Difficult t... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Tree limbs due to Storm - Difficult to dispose « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Ajith Varghese
Username: Ajithgeorvar

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 10:10 am:   

The free tree trashing guideline of 3 foot 30lbs is a limitation that confides to a garden trash bag. Tree limbs and branches what span from 12 to 18ft on average have to be cut 4 to 6 times short to get them to that size. Its such a stringent restriction that the city provides just because their special truck which can easily haul away oversized tree limbs can be send only on paid pick ups. These tree limbs I have in my back yard are due to the storm. We are trying to be green city. Some consideration to size restrictions are appreciated.

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2010 - 02:29 pm:   

I have been asked to response to your posting concerning the cityís tree limb set out guidelines.

Rather than charge everyone for use of a large volume tree service the city has chosen to provide a limited program which allows us to maintain a reasonable residential service charge of $11 per month. Cities that do provide a large volume tree service have rates that are in excess of $16 per month. They also charge an additional fee for amounts above the allowed set out. I am hoping that you would agree that it is better to require those that generate large amounts of wood waste pay for disposal on an individual basis rather than require everyone to pay for a program that they donít use.

There is a way to dispose of your unwanted material free of charge, you may take it to the following facility,

http://www.friscotexas.gov/departments/publicworks/environmentalservices/Pages/D oItYourselfTrashDisposal.aspx

If you donít have a truck, Home Depot and Lowes rent by the hour. These trucks may be taken to the transfer station without a problem.

Pippa Couvillion,
Environmental Services Manager

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: