Sprinklers in Bacchus Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Are we getting a new Braum's (Teel/Main)? » Sprinklers in Bacchus Park « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Marcus-Alan
Username: Marcalgi

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 11:22 am:   

My son and crew were recently playing soccer in the southwest section of the park and the sprinklers came on and it was around 5 pm in the afternoon. While my son and his teamates appreciated the aquatic surprise shouldn't the sprinkler come on at times less susceptible to evaporation loss?

Daniel Ford
Username: Daniel_ford

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 01:44 pm:   

Our entire irrigation system at Bacchus Community Park is computer programmed. No irrigation should be starting before 6:00 p.m. I will have our irrigation programmer check to make sure we don’t have a programming error. As a side note, the fields on the southwest section of the park are game fields only. Per City Ordinance, anyone using these fields for unauthorized practice or games is subject to a fine up to $500.00. However, there is a new five acre irrigated practice area in the southeast section that we completed this spring that is always open for practice and pick up games. I will also have someone check to ensure that the “Game Field Only” signs are still in place.

Bob Johnson
Manager of Parks Services
City of Frisco Parks & Recreation Department

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: