DNT and speeding Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Lebanon/423 » DNT and speeding « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

W B
Username: 123

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 10:00 pm:   

As a frequent driver on the DNT, there is hardly a time that when I'm driving the speed limit, someone else passes me like I was standing still. This has been a problem for years.

But I have come up with a solution that will benefit everyone (including the speeders), while promoting public safety, and not costing an arm and a leg to implement (hopefully).

Why don't the police departments of all the cities and towns along the DNT work with the NTTA in issuing speeding tickets to motorists electronically (similar to red light cameras) based on the time they enter one toll plaza to the next?

For example, if a car enters Main Lane Plaza 4 at 11:25, and then enters Plaza 3 - Parker Rd at 11:30, their speed can be determined and proven in court that they were going 90 mph. Case closed, here's your ticket in the mail.

No one has to monitor, no one has to patrol, no one has to pull the motorist over on a busy highway. It's a no brainer.

Has anything like this been proposed? It would fill the coffers of each city, while deterring speeding and possibly saving lives.

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 463
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 11:36 am:   

While I agree with the premise, it is not allowed under state law.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: