National Night Out 2010 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » National Night Out 2010 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Sophia Resident
Username: Friscomummy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2010 - 11:51 pm:   

We are beginning to plan for our 2010 NNO. I saw that Frisco will be doing theirs on August 2. I see on the NNO page, Texas has the option to have theirs on Oct 5. I know it is much cooler in October and we had a record turnout last year in our neighborhood (I know our delay due to weather also contributed to the later date). I was just curious as to why Frisco is opting to have it in August rather than October. TIA for the reply!!

Adam Henderson, Sergeant
Username: Adam

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 10:43 am:   

Frisco's date for National Night Out this year is Tuesday, August 3rd. For the past two years we have used the alternate Texas date in October, but have had lower turnouts and numerous requests to return to August. After this past year's festivities, we put it up for a public vote and received an outpouring of support for a return to August.

Though the weather may be warmer, many people like the August date since kids are out of school still and able to stay out longer, there's more daylight, and the weather is more predictible (no rain like the past two years in October).

In addition to National Night Out this year, please help us kick things off the preceding Saturday, July 31, for our first ever Safety Palooza held here at the police department. On the north driving pad from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. we will have static displays of police and fire equipment, CareFlite, demonstrations by the police department's Motors Unit, one of ATF's canines, and more! The Snow Cone Lady will also be on-site to help cool things off.

Thanks for your question and we hope to see you all this year!

Adam J. Henderson, Sergeant
Frisco Police Department
AHenderson@FriscoTexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: