Door-to-door solicitors Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Door-to-door solicitors « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Richard Mabry
Username: Rmabry

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 05:00 pm:   

We had a young man ring our doorbell today and ask if we'd like a free inspection of our roof for hail damage. I declined. He left information but there was nothing on the Internet for the company named, and in a reverse look-up the phone number was for an auto repair facility in Flower Mound.
Do door-to-door solicitors have to have a permit to make the rounds in Frisco? I turn them away routinely, but it would be nice to know whether I can ask to see documentation.

Adam Henderson, Sergeant
Username: Adam

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 12:46 pm:   

Solicitors in the City of Frisco must have permits and present them upon request. The permits are issued by the police department. If you ever have questions about solicitors, feel free to contact our Records Division at 972.292.6000 to ask about the permits. Thanks.

Adam J. Henderson, Sergeant
Public Information Officer
Frisco Police Department

eric
Username: Eldoradoresident

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 02:12 pm:   

Do religious organizations need permits? My family and I have been living near Eldorado/Hilcrest for 11 months now and so far have had one group come to our door 8 times.
Its fine by me to practice what ever beliefs a person may have...just not at my front door.

If solicitors do not have permits what can we do?

(Message edited by perry on April 06, 2010)

Adam Henderson, Sergeant
Username: Adam

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 08:04 am:   

Religious organizations and not-for-profit groups do not need to have a solicitation permit, per city ordinance.

If other solicitors come to your door without a valid permit, please call the non-emergency police telephone number at 972.292.6010 and ask that an officer respond. Thanks for your question.

Adam J. Henderson, Sergeant
Public Information Officer
Frisco Police Department

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: