Fisher Rd & Preston Rd Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Fisher Rd & Preston Rd « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Michael Doan
Username: Mdoan300

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 05:38 pm:   

I have a couple of concerns/comments regarding this intersection.

1- underground (utility/drainage/sewage?) work was recently (like in the past few months) performed on Fisher & Preston where asphalt was used to cover/fill the work. Now the asphalt has sunk/settled, thus leaving a rather deep bump. It's to the point that some residents, me included, are pulling up to the left side of the road to avoid that drop when turning right onto Preston. Can we do anything to fix this (i.e. get a crew to add more asphalt?)?

2- Maybe it's just me, but I'm not liking the idea of having the newly added lane shift/transition *right* at Fisher and Preston. I came to this conclusion last night while on the center lane (to turn onto Fisher) and staring at headlights of oncoming traffic. I'm thinking an accident is bound to happen, especially since that segment of Preston Rd is not lit.

Jason Brodigan, Sr. Civil Engineer
Username: Jason_brodigan

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 08:10 am:   

In response to your questions...
1. The underground utility work at Preston and Fisher was done by our contractor installing water line along Preston Road. Unfortunately, shortly after doing this work, the contractor went out of business. We have been in the process of securing a new contractor. The new contractor started work on Monday, January 25. We will have him address the asphalt patch at Fisher.

2. We understand your concern about the transition at Preston and Fisher. We also believe that this is not the ideal situation; however, TxDOT has made some modifications to the detour to help site distance. We will continue to monitor the detour and work with TxDOT to make sure Preston Road is safe to travel.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message