No Solicitation signs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » No Solicitation signs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Pedro Barbon
Username: Peds

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 10:16 pm:   

Apparently, Verizon is having door-to-door representatives canvas a number of local subdivisions, and they are reportedly ignoring the no soliciting signs.

Are there exemptions to the 'No Soliciting' signs that you can purchase from the city?

Adam Henderson, Sergeant
Username: Adam

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 08:29 am:   

Mr. Barbon,

There are no exceptions or exemptions to the "No Soliciting" signs that you can purchase through the police department. If any entity ignores this signage, please contact the police department's non-emergency number at 972.292.6010 and we will send an officer out to assist in enforcing the no solicitation requirements. Thank you.

Adam J. Henderson, Sergeant
Public Information Officer
Frisco Police Department
AHenderson@FriscoTexas.gov

MJR
Username: Wrxguy02

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 12:16 pm:   

Question, does "NO SOLICITATION" mean no knocking/ringing door bell only or does it also include leaving junk like handbills, business cards, etc.?
I had one person tell me after I chased him down to return his junk that the sign only means he can't ring the door bell or knock on the door...

True of False? Thx!!

Also, shouldn't all these folks have some sort of Police issued permit readily available or visiable to the public?

Adam Henderson, Sergeant

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   

The no solicitation signs are all-encompassing, meaning that handbills, fliers, knocking and talking, etc., are all included in the prohibition. If you observe a solicitor ignoring this rules, please contact the police department's non-emergency number at 972.292.6010.

Additionally, all solicitors are issued permits by the city that they are required to show upon demand. If they do not possess a permit, they are in violation of a city ordinance and cannot perform any form of solicitation in the city limits.

Frisco Police Department

Kim My
Username: Concerned

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 01:18 am:   

We would really like to see all solicitors banned from soliciting homeowners. I get so upset when I am outside gardening and some stranger walks up behind me just to put some trash on my front door. I refer to the item as trash because I have to go over to my door and throw it out. I have three no soliciting signs and they ignore all three signs. Isn't there some kind of trespassing law - I don't want anyone walking on my lawn and up to my door just to put something on my door I don't want. Some solicitors even use tape and the tape takes the paint off of the molding around my door. It's very aggravating. Can't they just stay off my property - I feel like I'm being infringed upon every time they walk on my lawn and touch my front door.

Adam Henderson, Sergeant

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 01:33 pm:   

Using the city's no solicitation signs that are available for purchase at the police department will help alleviate unwanted solicitors. Additionally, all solicitors must have an active permit with the city in order to solicit. Please feel free to call the police department's non-emergency number at 972.292.6010 if you ever need a police officer to assist in enforcing your no solicitation sign.

Frisco Police Department

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: