Hillcrest and Preston Vineyards Dr. I... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Hillcrest and Preston Vineyards Dr. Intersection « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

BK Carner
Username: Bcarner

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 10:25 am:   

This 4-way stop intersection with 4 lanes and turning lanes and plus crossing guards is very heavy due to the school nearby. This morning I sat for over 5 minutes with cars stacked 20 deep to get through it going southbound.

Is there any plan to add traffic signals at this intersection to improve the congestion especially during the school year?

Joel Fitts, Senior Traffic Engineer
Username: Joel_fitts

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, September 14, 2009 - 10:44 am:   

The intersection of Hillcrest Road & Preston Vineyards Drive is on our list of locations being considered for a traffic signal in the future. We maintain a priority list of intersections across the City considered for a traffic signal based on total traffic volumes and the analysis of conflicting movements. We then assign our limited funding to the top priority locations.

We are just beginning the process of recalculating the City-wide priority list for 2009 with updated traffic counts that have been collected recently across the City. However, I do not expect Hillcrest & Preston Vineyards to be in the top 10 of this list this year. We will continue to consider it in future years in terms of its priority and our funding.

Joel Fitts
Senior Traffic Engineer

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message