Ryan T. Wilson
Post Number: 5
|Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 06:03 pm: |
I saw in the Monthly Report that the expansion of Eldorado Parkway from Preston to DNT includes new traffic signals at Rogers, North County, and Frisco Street. I have a few questions about these signals.
1. Will the traffic signals be pole-mounted or hung from wires? I don't like the wire-hung signals. They just seem unsightly.
2. Will they have the internally lit street names?
3. Will the signal at Eldorado/Rogers accomodate traffic to Frisco Bible Church on Sunday mornings? I take Rogers Road to church each week, and I like the 4-way stop because it means I'll only wait for a few seconds at that intersection. But being such a minor road (especially in comparison to Eldorado), it seems like Rogers will not get very high priority when traffic signals are installed.
Perry Harts, Moderator
Post Number: 112
|Posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 08:49 am: |
1. The traffic signal will be what we call a “permanent signal” that uses metal poles with mast arms. It will not be a “temporary signal” which typically uses wood poles with steel cables.
2. The signals at Eldorado/Rogers and Eldorado/North County will only have two illuminated signs. The signs will be visible to the motorists travelling along Eldorado. For motorists on Rogers and North County, a standard street name blade with retroreflective sheeting will be provided. At Frisco and Eldorado, illuminated signs will be provided for all four directions.
3. This signal will give priority to Eldorado and motorists on Rogers will have to wait longer than what they typically wait now as you indicated. We will be able to provide signal timing plans that will be more responsive to Rogers during times of weekend church services at both Frisco Bible Church and St. Francis Catholic Church.
Assistant Director of Engineering Services/Transportation
Post Number: 4
|Posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 09:09 am: |
What plans are there for new signals on Eldorado between DNT and 423?
(Message edited by perry on July 02, 2009)
Joel Fitts, Senior Traffic Engineer
Post Number: 44
|Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 11:34 am: |
Right now there are plans for one new traffic signal on Eldorado between the Tollway and FM 423. It will be located between the Tollway and Legacy and will serve the main driveway for Target to the south and Market Street to the north.
Senior Traffic Engineer