Storm Debris Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Storm Debris « Previous Next »

Corey Smith
Username: Coreysmith

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 07:22 am:   

I have two trees that were damaged by the wind in last nights storms. The tree in the front yard is down across the side walk and almost into the street. Does the city have a removal service, forestry service, etc. for these situations? If not do I need to call a tree service in the area for removal.

Perry Harts, Moderator
Board Administrator
Username: Perry

Post Number: 100
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 02:41 pm:   

I am sorry that you have incurred the damage. A city crew can be dispatched to cut the debris that is blocking the sidewalk, they will not however remove this debris, only place it to the side to allow pedestrians access. Any trees that fall on personal property are the responsibility of the homeowner and arrangements for removal need to be made by them.

We will be providing a limited tree limb pick up service and are in the process of finalizing the details, the latter will be posted on the city's website shortly.

Please provide your address asap so that we can attend to the limbs that are blocking the way.

Thank you

Pippa Couvillion,
Environmental Services Manager
972-292-5910

Perry Harts, Moderator
Board Administrator
Username: Perry

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 10:16 pm:   

You can obtain more information at http://www.friscotexas.gov/communication/press/Pages/SpecialTreeDebrisPickUpServ icetoBeginJune22.aspx .

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: