Panther Creek - Preston to DNT Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Panther Creek - Preston to DNT « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Ryan T. Wilson
Username: Rytril

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 12:13 am:   

I recently was driving south on Preston (coming off of 380) and dreaded taking ElDorado. Hoping for an alternate route, I turned right (west) on Panther Creek. Admittedly, I should have done my research first so I would know that it dead-ended. But seriously, that road is a joke! How soon will it be expanded? Or at least paved?

Elizabeth Metting, City Engineer/AsstDir
Username: Elizabeth_metting

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 01:21 pm:   

Construction of Panther Creek from Preston to DNT does not yet have a specified timeframe,as a bridge over Panther Creek as well as a grade separation with the railroad are necessary which adds substantially to the project cost.

The typical process to build roads requires the developer to construct portions of the road adjacent to the properties that they are developing at the time of development. Since the expense of this section is very high, it is likely to take longer to develop.
The other method for roads to be improved would typically occur when the City undertakes a Capital Improvement Project. In 2005, a Citizens Bond Committee made up of Frisco citizens ranked projects based on a number of factors and reviewed the amount of money likely to be available for bonds. Construction of Panther Creek Parkway between DNT and Preston was not selected for inclusion in the 2005 Frisco Capital Improvement program.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: