Broken irrigation control valve Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Broken irrigation control valve « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Ryan Trees
New member
Username: Ryant

Post Number: 1
Registered: 03-2009
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:36 am:   

While searching for the water shut off valve to my home, I found the irrigation control valve (located in front of my sidewalk). When I opened the cover, I noticed that one of the valve handles had rusted so much it had crumpled and broken off. The other handle is also extremely rusted, but appears attached. I'm not clear on what this valve is used for, but I thought I should tell the appropriate party, in case action is needed to fix it. Can someone please tell me what these valves are for, and point me in the direction of who I should notify about this?

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 559
Registered: 02-2003
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 01:28 pm:   

Per Gary Hartwell, Director of Public Works:

This is the backflow device for your sprinkler system. You will need to call a licensed irrigator for repairs.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message