Heritage High School Sidewalks Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Heritage High School Sidewalks « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Perry Harts, Moderator
Username: Perry

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 04:58 pm:   

We live in Panther Creek Subdivision, and my children will be attending the new Heritage High School next year. We notice that bus eligibility is determined by the distance the children live from the school. Based on the eligibility criteria, our children will not have bus service. We have a major concern regarding this, as there are no sidewalks for our children to use to get to school. Do you know if there will be sidewalks installed along Eldorado before the 2009-2010 school year, as we fear for the safety of our children walking along Eldorado early in the morning with the amount of traffic that flows on this road?

tommi wilson

Elizabeth Metting, City Engineer/AsstDir
Username: Elizabeth_metting

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 05:02 pm:   

We have added this location to our sidewalk location list of possible construction. Normally sidewalks are installed when a property develops. The City does maintain a listing of locations that need sidewalks for situations such as you have described for school access. We will be reviewing your request along with others that we have received during the next month to determine which locations will be prioritized within our annual sidewalk funding.

Our traffic engineers work closely with the school district's staff to review routes to schools for cars and for pedestrians and this work normally begins in February of each year to plan for the coming school year start, especially as new schools open and attendance zones are adjusted. The result is a recommended Safe Route to School that is provided to each school and is made available to the parents and students through the school.

I understand your concern regarding this issue and will let you know after staff meets regarding your sidewalk request. If you have further questions, please email me directly or call the Engineering Department at 972-292-5400.