Annex south of Panther Creek to Eldor... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Annex south of Panther Creek to Eldorado by Prosper « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Courtney Pfeil
Username: Cpfeil

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 10:30 am:   

I keep hearing that Prosper is going to be allowed to annex south of panther creek to eldorado and that Frisco wants to annex west of the tollway for themselves. I am concerned because I moved to Frisco for the Frisco schools. If I wanted Prosper schools then I would have bought a home in Prosper. Please let me know.

Perry Harts, Senior IT Strategic Planner
Username: Perry

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 08:28 am:   

The cities of Frisco and Prosper have a boundary agreement that establishes the “municipal boundary at US 380. This agreement does not impact the school district. Each school district establishes their boundaries independent of municipal boundaries.

A northern section of Frisco is in the Prosper Independent School District. The area in Frisco is “generally” defined as the western boundary being the county line; then east along CR 24 to just east of the railroad tracts; turning south to future Panther Creek Parkway; then following Panther Creek Parkway to just west of Coit Road; then turning north for about ˝ mile and then turning east again going into McKinney. FISD shows this boundary on a map at http://www.friscoisd.org/departments/FacilitiesFinance/documents/FISD_08internet _comp-web.pdf.

John Lettelleir, AICP
Director Planning & Development Services
972-292-5310.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: