Left Turn Lane (Teel & Main) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Left Turn Lane (Teel & Main) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

SFuller
Username: Sfuller

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 02:16 pm:   

When is the proposed completion date for the south bound left turn lane at Teel turning east on Main?

Michael Bulla, Special Project Manager
Username: Michael_bulla

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 05:07 pm:   

Stephen,

Though the left turn lane is ready, delays in getting three fiber lines relocated on the southeast corner of Main and Teel have hampered the overall construction. We expect the paving contractor to remoblize in a week to ten days to take care of both locations. Once they arrive, both lanes should be complete in 3-4 weeks. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Michael

S.Gotter
Username: Mrgotter

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 09:06 am:   

when will there be a right turn lane heading northbound at Teel and Main?

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 10:14 am:   

I received word Friday, the final Franchise Utility should arrive mid-week to relocate a fiber line on the southeast corner of Main and Teel. Once complete, the City's contractor will move back in to build the north bound right turn lane and the south bound left turn lane. Without any additional delays, the work should be wrapped up by the end of October. Michael

SFuller

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 07:35 am:   

Any updates on this project?

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 08:06 am:   

Stephen,

The contractor remobilized last week and began excavation of the southeast corner of Teel and Main only to discover a previously unmarked (by locates) conduit. None of the local franchises have ever identified the line as theirs. So, in an effort to finish as soon as possible, we are working on a way to build our improvements without altering/affecting the line. I should have better information later in the week and will provide another update then. Michael

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 06:11 pm:   

Stephen,

After much delay, I received word this evening AT&T is scheduled Monday (11/10/08) to splice the new fiber placed last month. This should clear the area and allow the contractor to finish excavation for the turn lane. I will provide another update when I’m certain AT&T’s work is completed. Thank you, Michael

SFuller

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 02:23 pm:   

Can you provide a status update?
Thanks

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 09:22 am:   

Stephen,

The contractor completed some additional digging on the southeast corner Monday; it appears the unidentified conduit they were worried about has been emptied. The contractor indicated they would be moving back in this week to get back to work.

Michael

S.Gotter
Username: Mrgotter

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 04:26 pm:   

when will the RT turn lane on the northbound of Teel and Main be completed?

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 05:23 pm:   

We have been wrestling with AT&T over relocated phone lines for some time. Though we were told last week they were clear, when the contractor arrived Monday they indicated there still may be a problem. I will provide another update after our meeting tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, Michael.

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 10:38 am:   

The phones lines appear to have finally been relocated. The contractor began working on the storm sewer improvements 12/17/08 but has been hampered by the poor weather. Weather permitting, we expect the work to resume 1/05/09 and take approximately 30 days to complete.

Brian Murphy
Username: Brianmurphy1969

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 08:32 am:   

I have been amazed at how long that's been looking like that at that corner. Delays after delays it seems.

What is the actual plan? Is there another lane that will be going in on the inside there where it's currently all dirt? Or are those bricks going to cover that whole excavated area? How can AT&T cause that to sit like that for a year or half a year?

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 11:54 am:   

Brian,
Yes, we are trying to construct a north bound right turn lane from Teel to Main, in addition to a dedicated second left turn lane south bound from Teel to Main. As you can tell from the length of this string, and the delays in the field, we’ve had great difficulty getting a “clear” work area from the franchise utilities. Every time the City’s contractor moves in to get back to work, another phone line is discovered to be in the wrong location. We’ve believe the last hurdle has been identified, and progress has been made on the storm sewer. Weather permitting; we expect to see pavement on the ground in the next 30 days. Thank you for your patience. Michael

Tracy Serio
Username: Tserio

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 09:27 am:   

I see that the lanes are completed, when will they be opened?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: