Coroplast signs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Coroplast signs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Coroplast SignsGreg Carr, Code Enfo10-06-08  10:39 am
  Start New Thread        

cg
Username: Cmg

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 01:49 pm:   

I know that the small coroplast signs are not allowed around the city. Has there been any attempt to fine the company advertising with these? I drove down Stonebrook this morning and saw five signs for FriscoSingles.com between Preston and the tollway.

Greg Carr, Code Enforcement Administrato
Username: Greg_carr

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 09:59 am:   

First I want to say that I will buy lunch for anyone that can get the license plate of someone putting out the FriscoSingles signs.

The signs are not allowed. We spend a large amount of time removing signs. Most of them are from local companies or people trying to make a buck. They stop putting them up when we contact them.

It is a different story for the FriscoSingles signs. They hide their registrant information, everything is done through the web, and they don't return phone calls.

We need your help. If anyone can get a license plate of someone putting out FriscoSingle or similar (Single in Frisco, they use all kinds of variations)I will buy you lunch and prosecute the person to the fullest. They know what they are doing is illegal and flaunt getting caught. Some day I will catch them.

J
Username: Jgris1

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 10:12 am:   

Can you list the top 5 or 10 intersections / locations these signs appear in?

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 02:10 pm:   

They are most prevelant along Preston. They go from 121 to Main. Usually they are heaviest around the mall area. They also hit along the frontage road along the DNT.

We haven't been able to tie it to a specific day of the week. Most likely to happen on Thursday, Friday nights.

Please don't do anything that would be dangerous in trying to get the license plate. These people only take a few seconds to put them up. That is why it is so hard to catch. Be on the lookout as you are going out to diner or coming home from a movie. You might get lucky and be right behind them when they do it. If you get a license plate then call us at 972-292-5302.

Thanks

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 01:54 pm:   

Someone wrote in that they spotted a Red Honda Prelude with a Hispanic or Black male with a white tank top placing some signs at Lebanon and Legacy. I tried to respond to get additional information and the email wouldn't work. Give me a call at 972-292-5369 or gcarr@friscotexas.gov if you can give me a more specific date and time.

We haven't caught the sign placers yet.

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: