Hummingbird Park Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Hummingbird Park « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jaime
Username: Spdyg7

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   

I noticed that behind my home construction for Hummingbird Park in Panther Creek Estates has begun. I also noticed that the existing drainage channel that runs in that area has been cleared from all overgrown vegetation. What are the plans for the drainage channel? I would appreciate any information o this subject.

Thank you,
Jaime

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 415
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 02:11 pm:   

Jaime,

There is a conceptual master plan rendering of Hummingbird Park on the City of Frisco’s website for your review. The link is http://www.friscotexas.gov/uploadedFiles/Departments/Parks_Recreation/Panther%20 Master%20Plan.pdf.

Specifically the drainage channel is currently being graded for best water runoff. Pinned solid bermuda sod will be installed and maintained within the ditch area. In the bottom part of the channel there will be a natural stone layer.

The park will also host a pavilion, a public art sculpture plaza, hike and bike trails, and landscaping and irrigation as well. There will also be a bridge connection over the channel from Beeville Drive connecting into the trail network across the channel that will tie into Isabel Pierce Sem Elementary School and existing trails beyond. To further highlight the overview there will be some intermittent boulder outcroppings and seating stones placed along the channel area to create a natural effect within the park setting. Some of the existing trees will be transplanted beside the school closer to the parking lot to enlarge the soccer field allowing more square footage for practice and play.

If you have any further questions please contact me. Thank you for your interest.

John E. Doshier
Parks Project Manager
972-292-6514
jdoshier@friscotexas.gov

Jaime
Username: Spdyg7

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   

I wanted to inquire about the completion date for the above mentioned park in this thread (Hummingbird Park). When will it be completed?

I noticed that the earth movers and grading machines moved and cleared the earth but know one has been done anything for its progress in the last two-three weeks. I know this because my house is next to the park. If you could proportion any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jaime Gonzalez

Perry Harts, Senior IT Strategic Planner
Username: Perry

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 11:31 am:   

Jaime,

We are disappointed at the progress the contractor has made on the construction of the Park as well. They have had some turn over in their company, as recent as this week and a new job superintendent has been assigned by them to this project. We are trying desperately to stay on top of the situation but at this time it is difficult to ascertain if the slow work is due to the past employee or it is standard for their company. We have been told that they will be on the site next week and that they will start setting forms for concrete work soon. At this point it looks like completion should be by the end of October.

We continue to monitor their progress and are taking steps to either motivate them to finish the job or fire them and hire a new contractor.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and Business Development Manager

Sean Sides
Username: Ssides

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 01:24 pm:   

"Some of the existing trees will be transplanted beside the school closer to the parking lot to enlarge the soccer field allowing more square footage for practice and play."

I was not aware of a soccer field, as there is not one in the rendering or on the school property. Could you please elaborate? It is also very dissapointing to see so many trees removed behind the homes that run along Yoakum. Thanks.

Perry Harts, Senior IT Strategic Planner
Username: Perry

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 04:12 pm:   

Sean,

I apologize we may have used the incorrect term. The master plan shows and notes an area as “open play area” between the park and the school. One of the items that came out of the master planning meetings was that there was a desire to have a larger open area for the kids to use during recess and an open area for park use after hours. Typically, the various sports leagues will practice their teams on open areas such as this throughout town. It is intended for school use and practice. It would not have lights or official games being played at the park. The sports organizations utilize our community parks for game facilities.

Thank you
Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and Business Development Manager

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: