City Park hours Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » City Park hours « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Username: My_2_cents_worth

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 10:55 am:   

I have been told that the City Parks close at dark. Is that correct? If so, can we get signs posted in the City Parks letting people know this. There is activity in Preston Ridge Park near my house all hours of the night multiple nights a week. It is about to be summer and that activity will increase with the kids out of school. The Police have been called on several occasions due to activity at night in this park. Used condoms have been found in the park, what appears to be drug paraphernalia has been found in the park, they turn the trash cans over spilling trash into the Park causing those of us that care to pick it up. Just this past week we had a vehicle broken into. Thank you.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:54 am:   

Per City ordinance number 06-06-55, hours of general neighborhood park use are thirty minutes before sunrise until thirty minutes after sunset.

Hours of general community park use are thirty minutes before sunrise until midnight. Signs for neighborhood parks have been ordered and hopefully will be in this week.

Additionally, we will ask our Police Department to provide directed patrols in areas where activity appears to be taking place. Please do not hesitate to contact the Frisco Police Department non-emergency number at 972-292-6010 if you observe any suspicious activity at our park sites.

If you have any additional questions regarding this, please feel free to let me know.

Bob Johnson
Manager of Park Services

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message