Beaver Bend Park Trail Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Beaver Bend Park Trail « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Will there be Fish in Beaver Bend Park Pond ?Perry Harts, Moderat06-23-09  03:47 pm
  Start New Thread        

Jonathan Rozmarynowycz
Username: Jonathanroz

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   

I noticed on the Parks and Rec site it says that construction was to begin last year to connect Beaver Bend Park to B.F. Phillips park. I understand that B.F Phillips is still under construction.

I went to Beaver Bend Park today to try to find the trail but I dont see anything that looks like it is extending outside of the park. I noticed there is a dead end to one of the paved trails on the North West corner. Is this where the construction is supposed to be? Is there a date when this is supposed to start, or did I just completely miss the trail somehow.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 397
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 01:40 pm:   

Jonathan,

Thanks for the note about the Beavers Bend project. The project time line was extended significantly due to several reasons.

One of the biggest time factors involved with the project was coordination with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE). The project required approval by the Corps of Engineers and we added trail length as well as a playground to the project.

That being said, the contract for construction was approved by City Council at their May 20, 2008 meeting. The construction should begin in June and we anticipate it to be complete in late fall.

Please let me know if you should have any additional questions.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Manager
972-292-6500
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Jonathan Rozmarynowycz
Username: Jonathanroz

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 01:45 pm:   

Do you know the width and length of the trail when it is completed? Will it start from teh NW corner of the Beaver Bend park?

Post Number: 399
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 04:54 pm:   

Jonathan,

In regard to your question about the length of the trail, it will adjust some as the trail gets constructed in the field but it should add approximately 4,800 linear feet to the trail within Beavers Bend Park.

As far as the width of the trail, it will be 8 feet wide in the area. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly at 972-292-6502.

Thanks again for your questions and interest.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and CIP Manager
972-292-6502
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Chuck Brown
Username: Csb001

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 03:11 pm:   

Can you provide an update to the status of this trail?

Post Number: 426
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 06:23 pm:   

Mr. Brown,

Thanks for your note regarding the Beavers Bend trail project.

The status of the trail is that it is progressing, albeit slowly, but progressing. There have been some major setbacks which primarily involve the contractor and hopefully these setbacks have been rectified.

I was on site this morning, Monday (10/27/08), and concrete was being poured, the playground border was formed and ready to pour concrete as well.

Crews will begin to set forms for the trail around the detention pond area and completing the connection to Beaver’s Bend Park all this week and until they are finished, unless some unforeseen problem occurs.

The stone for constructing retaining walls are to be delivered this week and the rest of the project should fall in place rather rapidly. My best guess for completion with clean-up, planting of trees and selected sod, irrigation, and installation of playground components, should all be finished before Thanksgiving.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at 972-292-6514

Thanks again for the note,

John E. Doshier ‘JED’
Parks Project Manager
972-292-6514
jdoshier@friscotexas.gov

Chuck Brown

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 07:13 am:   

Where will the trail connect to B.F. Phillips park? I've driven along 4th Army a couple of times and can find no indication of where it will intersect.

Perry Harts, Senior IT Strategic Planner
Username: Perry

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 03:16 pm:   

Mr. Brown,

Beginning at the intersection of Lebanon and 4th Army, travel North on 4th Army Road. You will find the trail intersects at 4th Army just south of the Waste Water Treatment Center at Stewart Creek Estates, which is part of the Beaver’s Bend Trail Extension Project.

Hope this helps.

John E. Doshier ‘JED”
Parks Project Manager
972-292-6514

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 08:20 am:   

Where will the trail connect to B.F. Phillips park? I've driven along 4th Army a couple of times and can find no indication of where it will intersect.

Posted by
Chuck Brown

Post Number: 22

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 08:21 am:   

Chuck,

That part of BF Phillips is not constructed yet. The trail will extend under the 4th Army Memorial Drive bridge that will eventually be built over Stewart Creek, then it will extend south under the Lebanon Road Bridge as well as extend north up into the BF Phillips Park as future phases are developed.

JED

John "JED" Doshier
Parks Project Manager
City of Frisco
6726 Walnut
Frisco, TX 75034
Office: 972/292-6514

Rick Travis
Username: Travisfam

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 08:53 pm:   

The new trail extension is great, but there is a 70 foot gap between the end of the trail and 4th army. If it ever rains again, this gap will get seriously muddy/gummy. Are there plans to add some gravel or shell to this section, as an interim step until the BF Phillips trails are established?

Perry Harts, Moderator
Board Administrator

Post Number: 87
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 01:51 pm:   

Mr. Travis,

Thank you for your comment regarding the extension trail currently ending at 4th Army Road. I ended the trail at that point knowing in the future there would be more road improvements and construction. The contractor for the job is almost finished with the project and I certainly think your idea is a good one to add some gravel or shale material from the end of the sidewalk to 4th Army Road to help with providing a cleaner connector and access.

Depending on budget and when the City of Frisco accepts the final walk through of the extension project, which will be soon, I will contact our parks maintenance department and ask them to add this request to ‘the list’. There shouldn’t be a problem with accomplishing this task.

If I can be of further service to you, please feel free to contact me.

John E. Doshier ‘JED’
Parks Project Manager
(972) 292-6514

James Tedford
Username: Tford

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 04:01 pm:   

Will there an aerator installed in the new Beaver Bend Park Pond ?

Post Number: 440
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   

James,

Thanks for your note. In regard to your question, due to the project coming in over budget, the aeration system was an item that had to be eliminated from the construction project.

Aeration does help with pond water quality, especially in shallower ponds but is not always necessary in deeper ponds. There are many, many ponds very similar in size and depth to this one in Texas that have never had an aeration system, yet have a healthy aquatic life cycle and support fish.

We can monitor the situation and if it becomes a problem then we can try to budget funds to add the aeration system as those funds become available. I hope this answers your question.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and Business Development Manager
972-292-6502
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: