Shared fence Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Shared fence « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Scott Stedman
Username: Texastek76

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 09:36 am:   

In a shared fence situation is it allowed to place two fences side-by-side? The homebuilder in our neighborhood is doing this next door to us. How will either fence owner be able to access that side of the fence for maintenance purposes?

If side-by-side fences are allowed is there anything preventing me from tearing down my portion of the fence (five years old) and using the new fence for that part of the yard?

Steve Covington, Chief Building Off
Username: Steve

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 09:03 am:   

There are no regulations to prevent property owners from installing separate fences on a common property line. This practice is not recommended since, as you stated, it makes it difficult for maintenance of the fences, maintenance of vegetation that grows between them and can negatively effect drainage between lots.

Shared fences are typically installed by the first completed home. It is important to have cooperation between neighbors before connecting to an existing fence that may not be on your side of the property line. You could remove your fence, but I recommend discussing the situation with your neighbor before doing so.

Please contact Building Inspections if you have questions at 972 292-5301.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: