NE Community Park - Coit & Panther Cr... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » NE Community Park - Coit & Panther Creek « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Harold Bacchus Community Park expansionRick Wieland, Dir. o07-14-14  04:37 pm
  Start New Thread        

Jeff Veverka
Username: Verk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 09:58 am:   

I saw mention of a future 75 acre park at Coit & P Creek. I know it is probably a ways off but wanted to see if you could give me a general idea of what type of facility it will be and potential target date.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 384
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 02:50 pm:   

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to write your message regarding the community park that we refer to as the Northeast Community Park.

This is one of five community parks that we have in the city and is actually located along and south of Panther Creek Parkway, and along and east of Honey Grove Drive, which is east of Hillcrest Parkway.

While this seventy-five acre community park is not expected to be master planned for another several years, here are some examples of development components that may occur at the park.

Development of lighted athletic fields (baseball/softball; soccer/football), 1 or more playground systems, perimeter wide concrete trails, picnic group pavilion, 1 or more concession and restroom facilities, open space, landscaped areas, parking areas to accomodate 500 or more spaces, etc.

As far as possible timetables on development of this park, I would anticipate that the two current community parks that are under construction (B.F. Phillips and Harold Bacchus) will continue to complete their development over the next 3-4 years. I don't anticipate that the first phase of work at the NE Community park would occur prior to that time, although funding availability could affect this.

I hope that this has helped to clarify some of the questions that you might have about the Northeast Community Park site.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again for your note and interest.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 128
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 08:08 pm:   

Rick,
Is it P&R standard to not include tennis courts in community parks? Thanks.

Post Number: 385
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   

Brian,

Thanks for the note about tennis courts being a part of a possible community park development. While there is not a requirement for the development of tennis courts in our community parks, we do have tennis courts identified in all but one of our current community park sites. In looking at my response to Jeff above, I neglected to list tennis courts as one of the possible elements that might be included.

To that point, we currently have public courts at Shawnee Trail Sports Complex and Warren Sports Complex, as well as tennis courts identified in the B.F. Phillips Community Park. The only current community park that does not have tennis courts identified at this time is at the Harold Bacchus Community Park master plan, and there has been discussion by staff and the Parks and Recreation Board to add some between now and the park's final phase of development.

In addition, we have a working relationship with the FISD to provide public tennis courts at all of the school sites when organized activities are not taking place. This would include High School and Middle School courts.

I hope that this has helped to address your question.

If you have any additional questions regarding this, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again for your note and time.

Rick Wieland
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   

I'm concerned by the word 'possible'. Is it not part of the plan to have tennis courts? If you visit any of the mentioned courts including FISD during the summer, you will notice they are typically all used. I've mentioned before about Plano and the HIghpoint Center and it is consistently busy including their other courts and ISD courts. We need more courts. Do you think this can be brought to council or at your level for approval in future plans. For the size of Warren, it has relatively few courts. Thanks.

Post Number: 386
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 08:59 am:   

Brian,

Thank you for your follow up. My only intent in using the word possible in the previous response was becauses I had left off tennis courts as a park element for a typical community park. Given our history of placing tennis courts on all of our community parks to date, I feel certain that this would be included in future parks as well.

As we continue to grow to our ultimate build out, I also expect that a public tennis center of some nature will be developed, although there is not one currently planned.

Thanks again for your note.

Rick Wieland
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Sunil Mehta
Username: Sunny

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 04:59 am:   

It is about 5 years since the exchange of above messages. In the mean time, many new homes have come up in the area surrounding the proposed northeast community center (panther creek estates, village of willow bay, ridgeview at panther creek etc. ). Is there any update on the timeline to develop northeast community center?

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 442
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 04:00 pm:   

There is no update on the timing. Currently, the City is working on plans for a future phase at Harold Bacchus Park, but no money has been allocated to the NE Community Park for development.

Dudley Raymond
Parks and Business Development Manager

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 477
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:16 am:   

The updated master plan is now under the Parks and Recreation page of the web. As far as those elements being included in the 3rd phase, we are currently working through the preliminary budgets to determine if there are funds available to construct the courts.

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and Business Development Manager

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: