Access to tunnel and bike/walking pat... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Access to tunnel and bike/walking path under Hillcrest north Eldorado? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Sean Sides
Username: Ssides

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   

There is currently a bike/walking path that goes through Panther Creek Estates from Sem Elementary to the Dominion at Panther Creek subdivision. However, the path is configured in such a way that you cannot access the path/tunnel going under Hillcrest from the sidewalk on Hillcrest unless you walk 8 feet across the grass to the path. Are there any plans to branch off of the sidewalk on Hillcrest to connect to that walking/bike path going under Hillcrest?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 376
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 05:24 pm:   

Sean,

Thanks for your note. In regard to your question, I am a little concerned about the elevation change between the two. I am not sure if we can install a connector with steps and at this point I donít think we can make it ADA compliant. I will look into it further and if we can connect the two we will.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact me at Draymond@friscotexas.gov

Thank you

Dudley Raymond
Parks Planning and Business Development
972-292-6502
draymond@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: