Carpenter/Framer Question Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Carpenter/Framer Question « Previous Next »

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Author Message

Kim Neville
New member
Username: Kimneville

Post Number: 1
Registered: 02-2008
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 03:36 am:   

I know that in order to do any residential work in the State of Texas that costs over $10,000 or changes the square footage of a home requires one to be registered with TRCC.

What about the city/county level?

I am curious on a subcontractor and GC level. I am used to other states that require testing/licensing/registering at both city/county levels. I have not been able to find any information online.

Steve Covington, Chief Building Off
Username: Steve

Post Number: 44
Registered: 03-2005
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 05:36 pm:   

The City of Frisco requires registration of all contractors prior to issuance of permits. Plumbing contractors must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners. Electrical and Mechanical contractors must be licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. There are no State registration or licensing requirements for General Contractors, except for the TRCC requirements.

You may contact Building Inspections at 972 292-5301 if you have any further questions.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message