Firearms discharge Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Firearms discharge « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Jeff Pergola
Username: Jeff_pergola

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 05:21 pm:   

Is there an ordinance regarding when/where firearms can be discharged, specifically with regards to residential areas? I ask because on 12/31 (New Years Eve) there were multiple incidents in my neighborhood where residents were firing their guns in the air to celebrate the new year.

I had thought about calling the non-emergency number to report the concern, but was unsure of any recourse that would allow a patrol in the area the rest of the evening.

For the future, and any other time this might occur, can you provide information regarding what actions residents can take when situations like this occur. Thanks in advance.

Todd Renshaw, Chief of Police
Username: Todd

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 09:13 am:   

Yes, there is an ordinance against discharging firearms in the city. In the future, please call police communications at 972.292.6010 or 9-1-1 to report the violation and an officer will be dispatched. The same applies for the discharge of fireworks in the city.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: