Water Use after the rains ended. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Water Use after the rains ended. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Anthony Burokas
Username: Anthonyb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 08:55 pm:   

I saw that Frisco water wise page was recommending watering one day a week, but have been told by others in my HOA that watering 2x a week- Tuesday and Friday was okay.

What are the city's current regulations on this?

I ask because I see the rate of decline on Lake levon is MUCH steeper this year, since the rain stopped, than any of the previous "drought" years shown here, and we'll be back at those "drought" levels in less than a month at this rate.

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 804
Posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:46 pm:   

The much steeper loss of the lake level is a result of the release of water from Lake Lavon by the US Army Corps of Engineers to discharge water from the higher flood zone portion of the lake. A second watering day in addition to the regular trash day watering is permitted when our weather station data supports watering on the assigned second day. Our weather station data has supported twice per week watering for the past few weeks.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message