Panther Creek Reuse Water Project Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Panther Creek Reuse Water Project « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Username: Mantikos

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 08:25 am:   

I had a question around the pipes being laid for this project. It is my understanding that the long term plan is for Panther Creek to have 2 additional lanes constructed by reducing the median.

The pipework currently underway has 'J' shaped vents (best description I can come up with) placed along the median. At most places the vents are placed close to the center of the median leaving enough expansion room for additional lanes in the future. However, at the Panther Creek and Legacy intersection one such vent is placed so close to the street that I do not believe that section can accommodate an additional lane in the current configuration.

Here are the questions:
1. Did the city not plan the placement of these vents with the foresight to leave room for future expansion?

2. The 'J' vents are facing outwards towards the street and away from the median center, would it not be safer and for these vents to be facing the center of the median?

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 787
Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:37 pm:   

There is a possibility, in the future, that Panther Creek could be widened to six lanes, and the widening would happen in the median. The reuse line currently under construction is also being placed in the median. In addition, lights and conduit for the lights, as well as, irrigation are located in the median. As a result, the medians do get a bit crowded. It is our intent to keep obstructions out of the future lanes; however, it is not always possible. In those cases, it is something we may have to deal with in the future.

With all that said, we are looking to see if we can possibly move some of the lighting conduit and vents to accommodate future widening. Based on design criteria for the safety of roadways, the vents are not a safety concern; however, we will look into turning the vents toward the center.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message