Legacy southbound to 121 Toll Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Legacy southbound to 121 Toll « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Stephanie Samuel
Username: Stephsamuel

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 03:14 pm:   

This street is so congested in the mornings. Any plans to widen this road? There are so many new neighborhoods in this area doesn't seem like a two lane road is able to support it. It literally takes me 20 minutes to get from Lebanon to 121 toll in the mornings. What about extending Teel to 121 or any other street. Taking Lebanon to 423 is out of the question. That street is even worse when you hit The Colony. Thanks!

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 748
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 02:49 pm:   

The City has no plans to widen Legacy at this time.
Teel cannot be extended south to SH 121 due to existing neighborhoods in Frisco and The Colony.

Albert Hall
Username: Alinfrisco

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 01:11 pm:   

I read the response from a year ago, but I wonder if this has been reconsidered. Especially with the Toyota headquarter and other companies opening in the Legacy Office park. I believe it is going to be a nightmare trying to get to 121 on Legacy. I realize this is a difficult problem to solve given the neighborhoods that hinder north/south routes between 121 and Lebanon. What about a road that runs parallel to the train tracks?

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 810
Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:38 am:   

“There are a number of roadway projects under construction that may influence the traffic volumes on Legacy between SH 121 and Warren. These include widening of Dallas Parkway (DNT frontage roads), widening of FM 423, and the recently completed connection of Stonebrook between DNT and Legacy. Legacy between 121 and Warren is shown on the city’s thoroughfare plan as an ultimate 6 lane road, but the widening to 6 lanes has not been scheduled at this time. City engineering staff have been coordinating transportation planning efforts for the 121/Legacy area with NTTA and the City of Plano. The railroad right-of-way is being preserved for possible future additional track.”

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: