Fire Station Districts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Fire Station Districts « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Bryan Fritchie
Username: Hogcall

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:30 am:   

I saw a firetruck and ambulance going North on Preston last night. So I came this morning to check out the coverage, and found the Fire Station District map (

First, I was a little shocked to find out that Creekside @ Preston (and surrounding areas) is covered by the Central Fire Station (#1) and not Station #5. That means trucks have to come up Preston which is awful at most points of the day, while Station #5 is just down the street. Why didn't Station #5 go more West & North, while Station #1 went more East?

Second, I saw that Station #6 is under construction on Eldorado (close to Teel), but that looks like it will be really close to Station #4. Is there a map with an overlay to show what the districts will look like once that station is in operation?

It seems like there would have been better coverage is Station #6 was a little more North, like on Panther Creek (and still close to Teel).

Lastly, are there any other stations in the short or long term plans? I would assume at least one more station will eventually go up North, once that starts growing more. If there are plans, are their map overlays with that info too?

Mack Borchardt, Fire Chief
Username: Mack_borchardt

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 05:58 pm:   

Mr. Fritchie,

We appreciate your very valid questions and I apologize for any delay in answering your inquiry.

The response districts are verified quite frequently for “real time” responses by the fire trucks and ambulances. The map you reference does need to be updated in some areas. Although I, like you, have questioned the response for Preston Rd. north of Eldorado, the Fire Chief Officers who review those responses have confirmed over the past year that Central Station is most often the closest station, in terms of response time, for the area along Preston Rd. to SH 380. We will continue to monitor that area, along with several other areas in Frisco, and make changes as the response times dictate. Station 5 remains “second due” for that area and does respond to all of Preston Rd. north of Main St. often.

We use a general overall fire station master plan that identifies likely locations for future fire stations. That plan is somewhat fluid taking into consideration the future street alignments and development density, both commercial and residential. There will be three stations further north than Station 6. Station 6 is situated to cover the westernmost portion of Frisco with plans to add a station on Stonebrook west of FM 423 and another on Lebanon in the area of Teel. Nine fire station sites, including the six current station locations, have been purchased.

The response times in the northwestern quadrant were the longest in our City. Compounding the problem was the distance of “second due” stations. When Station 4’s crews were on emergencies, the times for Station 3 and Central to our northwest quadrant were an additional concern.

As we look at the City with its current development, response times and coverage appear balanced. The Monthly Reports verify that.

The overall plan indicates 12 fire station in Frisco with the likelihood that two additional stations may be needed bringing our total at build out to as many as 14 fire stations. The map overlays used to determine station locations are updated and modified as development occurs.

Thank you,

Mack Borchardt
Frisco Fire Chief

jackie arwine
Username: Reside

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 10:25 am:   

Can you give an update on the the future firestation at Stonebrook and FM423? Do you have an approximate date it will start to be built? Can you also tell me if there are emergency room facilities at the new Baylor Medical Center on Warren and Legacy? That would seem to be the closest to the Frisco Lakes subdivision if they do, otherwise where would be the closest hospital type (level 2 or 3 trauma) emergency room?

Mack Borchardt, Fire Chief
Username: Mack_borchardt

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 04:32 pm:   

Land has been purchased on Stonebrook Parkway just west of FM 423 for a future Frisco Fire Station. Land is also available in two other locations in Frisco for fire stations planned for other areas of our community. Frisco Fire Station 6 just opened on Eldorado Parkway between Teel and Legacy.

Currently it appears response times in all areas of Frisco may be at acceptable levels. We are evaluating the response time data with all six stations in operation to determine the next station location and the timing of construction. Call volume and response times will be the primary factors considered. As that information becomes available, we will attempt to keep you updated.

Baylor Medical Center at Warren just east of Legacy has an emergency room. As I understand it, that ER accepts “walk in” patients but does not have the ability to accept patients delivered by emergency ambulance. You may want contact them directly for clarification or more information.

The closest Level 3 Trauma Center is Medical Center Plano on Coit south of Park Blvd. in Plano.

Level 1 Trauma Centers are located in downtown Dallas. A Careflite Helicopter Ambulance is located at Frisco Fire Station 4 on Legacy Dr. south of Main. That is the most frequent mode of transport of Frisco patients needing the services of a Level 1 Trauma Center. The Frisco Fire Department Mobile Intensive Care Units (MICU) do respond and access whether an air ambulance or Frisco Fire Department MICU is the most appropriate means of transport to downtown Dallas hospitals.

In the last 12 months, over 55% of patients transported by Frisco Fire Department MICU’s have been taken to Centennial Medical Center. This hospital is located on Lebanon Rd. at Coit Rd. in Frisco and has the ability to handle most medical and trauma emergencies.

Should you need additional information please contact me at any time.

Thank you,

Mack Borchardt
Frisco Fire Chief
8601 Gary Burns Dr.
Frisco, Texas 75034
(972) 292-6300

(Message edited by admin on May 08, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message