Cars parked on (and driving) on the w... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Bike Rider » Cars parked on (and driving) on the wrong side of road « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Max Berlin
Username: Thefriscokid

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 05:57 am:   

Why doesn't the city have an ordinance that prevents people from parking on the wrong side of the road? Half the time I am entering a new side street and break into a little panic wondering if I accidentally turned down a One-Way street the wrong way. Other times I've almost had a collision from a driver that crosses the center line in front of me in a rush to park on the wrong side of the street. Isn't a car parked this way proof that the driver wasn't heeding some other traffic law applicable? Like driving on the wrong side of the road as an example.

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 641
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:19 am:   

Parked facing the wrong way is an enforceable traffic offense if it is determined who was driving the car at the time of the offense. It is extremely rare that an accident has been caused as a direct result of this offense, nonetheless citizens should be aware that it is something they could be cited for. As always, a citizen is welcome to report an offense and the officer who responds has the option to handle it numerous ways. A citizen might be encouraged to file their own complaints with the city prosecutor for offenses not “on view”. The officer often does not witness the person parking, therefore the reporting party could be called either as an additional witness or as the sole witness to the offense.

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 642
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:22 am:   

Parked facing the wrong way is an enforceable traffic offense if it is determined who was driving the car at the time of the offense. It is extremely rare that an accident has been caused as a direct result of this offense, nonetheless citizens should be aware that it is something they could be cited for. As always, a citizen is welcome to report an offense and the officer who responds has the option to handle it numerous ways. A citizen might be encouraged to file their own complaints with the city prosecutor for offenses not “on view”. The officer often does not witness the person parking, therefore the reporting party could be called either as an additional witness or as the sole witness to the offense.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: