Missing/dead trees in the medians goi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Missing/dead trees in the medians going down Legacy towards Cheyenne Village « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

bridgett forge
Username: Bridgett

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 02:18 pm:   

What is the plan to replace the dead/missing trees in the medians going towards Cheyenne Village, adjacent to Starwood?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 477
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 06:42 pm:   

Ms. Forge,

I apologize for my tardiness in getting back to you. I have looked further into the trees that are in need of replacement along Legacy Parkway.

We are working with a contractor who has been doing work on a development and unintentionally cut our main water source to the median in some of these areas.

Getting water back to those sources will allow us to look at the replacement of trees along this area. I am hopeful that this can be accomplished within the next few weeks.

Feel free to get back to me at rwieland@friscotexas.gov or at 972-292-6510 and I can provide an update on this work.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your question.

Best Regard,

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
City of Frisco
972-292-6510
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

bridgett forge

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 07:07 pm:   

Who is responsible for replacing the missing trees behind Allen Elementary along the wood fence adjacent to Cheyenne Village?

Post Number: 481
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2014 - 04:31 pm:   

Ms. Forge,

Thanks for your note regarding the possible replacement of trees that are located behind the Allen Elementary School site at the rear of residential properties located behind Chippewa Trail.

If I have described it correctly, it appears that this is located on FISD property. I would probably suggest a couple of contact points for you to consider.

The first would be to contact Teresa Wilkinson, who is the Allen Elementary Principal. She can be contacted by calling 469-633-3800 or by email at allen@friscoisd.org.

Another possible source would be to contact Blake Vaughn, who is the Director of Maintenance for the FISD. Mr. Vaughn can be contacted at vaughnb@friscoisd.org or by calling 469-633-6032.

They should be in a position to help address your questions. In terms of replacing or transplanting trees, typically this activity takes place in cooler temperatures, usually in the fall or winter to help ensure their health and survivability.

Thanks again for your note. I hope that this information helps.

Best regards,

Rick Wieland
City of Frisco
972-292-6510
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

bridgett forge

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 07:00 pm:   

What is the plan to replace the dead/missing trees in the medians going down Legacy crossing over Warren and Lebanon? City of Frisco has historically done a great job with replacing trees in the medians; however, the city has neglected this particular area for a while. I noticed that the City of Plano is installing trees down Legacy on the east side of Legacy/121. Legacy is a major street running through Frisco and should be kept in manner reflecting Frisco's reputation of a beautiful city.

Post Number: 483
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2014 - 08:35 am:   

Ms. Forge,

Thanks for your note regarding the replacement of trees that are located along Legacy Drive, from Warren Parkway and Lebanon Road.

As you may have noticed there has been substantial construction that has occurred just west of Legacy Drive and Warren Parkway. During this construction, the water line that supplied our water to the medians along Legacy was cut.

We have been working with the contractor to repair the line and allow us to water our trees through the bubbler systems that we have in place. Once the water has been established, we will work to remove and replace the trees in this area.

Typically, we would replace trees in cooler weather and we hope to be in a position to replace these trees this upcoming fall.

We apologize for the delay in moving forward with this work. We look forward to getting it accomplished this fall.

Thanks again for your note. I hope that this information helps.

Best regards,

Rick Wieland
City of Frisco
972-292-6510
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

bridgett forge

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 07:26 pm:   

I had an opportunity to see the plans of the Grandscape Development in the Colony, it is awesome. Why Frisco did not get the development? Frisco is such a beautiful city filled with exponential growth, but is somewhat conservative with its entertainment/shopping developments. For example, the development located across from 121 off of Legacy does not possess enough flair like the Shops of Legacy in Plano. I hope that the new development off of Lebanon/DNT bring the needed excitement to Frisco. The Grandscape Development has lakes and an unique design somewhat like the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I am really proud of Frisco, it is indeed a really great place to live. However, the too conservative approach makes it difficult to spend money at the lack luster developments. Just saying.....Thanks!

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 687
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2014 - 04:42 pm:   

The Colony has agreed to issue $800 million in debt with another $400 million (for a potential total of $1.2 billion) if certain development occurs in the Nebraska Furniture Mart development. The total cost of the debt, including interest, should exceed well over $2 billion. To fund the debt, The Colony agreed to use 90% of all sales tax, 100% of the property tax, and 100% of the hotel tax from the development for a period estimated to take at least 40 years to repay. Since this is more debt than Frisco has issued to date for all city infrastructure and city improvements, the price was too high and too limiting for other future needed infrastructure and improvements in Frisco.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: