Dog Park in Frisco Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Mother/Son Dance » Dog Park in Frisco « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Denise L. Roberts
Username: Droberts

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 04:42 pm:   

I am interested in an update on the plans (if any) to develop a dedicated dog park in Frisco. I have seen posters around town regarding this topic but don't specifically remember what they said. Our family would enjoy a dog park with our rescued dog and I know a lot of our friends are interested as well. Please let me know what if any information is available to the residents of Frisco regarding this subject so that I can not only take any action necessary but pass it along to my friends as well.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 354
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   

Denise,

Thanks for your note regarding possible plans for a dedicated dog park in the city.

Just for your background, the Parks and Recreation Board has discussed the possibility of developing such a facility for the past several years and most recently during the September meeting of the Board.

At that time, there was a presentation by a group who asked for support for a dog park facility. While no action was taken by the Board at that time, this topic will come again before the Board during their November 8, 2007 meeting. The meeting will take place inside the City Council chambers located at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center beginning at 6:30 p.m.

I would encourage you to attend this meeting or get with me or our staff to gain additional information regarding this. I will also be more than willing to provide contact information for the dog park support group for you if you are interested.

Thanks again for your note and interest and I look forward to hearing from you.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: