Riding bicycle on sidewalk.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Riding bicycle on sidewalk.... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

B. McNichol
Username: Bam

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 10:07 am:   

While walking my two large German shepherds this morning, a bicyclist came up from behind us on the sidewalk and past us (with no warning at all) and startled my dogs. I had a good handle on my dogs thank god because if not, I myself or this bicyclist could have been hurt. I have two questions for you please. One, what is the law in Frisco about bicyclist being on the sidewalk? I can't seem to find that information anywhere. Two, had my dog knocked the guy off his bike who seemed to be a threat to my dog, would I be one in trouble if my dogs were properly leached? Thank you in advance!!

Ben Brezina, Assistant to the City Manag
Username: Ben_brezina

Post Number: 557
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 04:21 pm:   

There is nothing in the law that prohibits a bicyclist from being on the sidewalk. In some cases it is preferred that cyclists are actually on the sidewalk (children traveling to school). On the issue of whether you would have been in trouble if the dogs knocked the cyclist over – Based on what you describe I would say no. If your dogs were properly leashed then I wouldn’t see any criminal charges that would apply. However scenarios such as these could change based on statements from each party involved.

Deputy Chief David Shilson #3127
Frisco Police Department
7200 Stonebrook Parkway
Frisco, Texas 75034
Office 972-292-6130 / Fax 972-292-6071

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message