Tennis Courts (lights)? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Tennis Courts (lights)? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Trent Smith
Username: Garmyroog

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 09:43 pm:   

I've struggled to find a good place to play at night. The public courts I've tried either don't have lights or they don't work. The schools either have their lights off or are jammed with players. Where's the best place to play at night? Where can I find more infor on courts, lights, and light schedules?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 334
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 09:28 am:   

Trent,

Thanks for your message regarding tennis court availability.

As far as public courts, I believe that all Middle School and High School campuses of the FISD have lighted tennis courts that are available to Frisco residents. For more information regarding these, I would suggest contacting the School District at 469-633-6000 and speaking to the Athletic Director's office.

The City of Frisco also has lighted tennis courts at Shawnee Trail Sports Complex and at Warren Sports Complex. These lights are push activated and will stay on until 11:00 pm throughout the week.

The only unlighted tennis courts that I am aware of are either privately owned or are a part of a homeowners association and limited to use by their residents.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Trent Smith
Username: Garmyroog

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 09:21 am:   

I went to the Warrens Sports Complex Monday night to scout it out at 8:15. Noone was playing and the lights were on; I located the red and green buttons, pushed the red (lights went out), pushed the green, and nothing happened. I waited a bit and then pushed again. Nothing. Is there a delay?

Post Number: 335
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 02:33 pm:   

Trent,

Thanks for your note regarding tennis court lights at Warren Sports Complex.

In answer to your question, there can be a significant delay on these type lights. The lamps in the light fixtures at the Warren Sports Complex basketball and tennis courts are 1,000 watt metal halide.

Metal halide lamps generate a lot of heat and when they are turned off, depending on how hot they are, it can take up to twenty minutes for them to come back on.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

972-292-6503

bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 118
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 04:54 pm:   

The Parks and Recreation page indicates 2 tennis courts at Cannandale Park? I believe those are FISD courts and not always available.

From what I see, Frisco only has 4 public tennis courts. Are more being planned? Is it possible that Frisco may develop a system like Plano?

Post Number: 357
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 08:52 am:   

Brian,

Thanks for your note regarding public tennis courts within the city. In your note you mentioned the two tennis courts that are located at the Cannaday Recreation Area, which is located at the Smith Elementary and Clark Middle School complex. The City and FISD actually shared the cost for these two tennis courts and I do consider them public.

Because of our excellent relationship with the FISD, tennis courts that are located on FISD properties do allow for public use, unless there are school related activities that are taking place at them.

As far as our development of tennis courts now and in the future, I anticipate that we will continue to develop lighted tennis in our community parks and will look at other opportunities to increase our facilities in tennis. I believe that the development of a tennis center at some point in the future would fall under that category.

Should you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rick Wieland
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Tracy Serio
Username: Tserio

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   

Do the courts at the schools have lights?

Post Number: 359
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 08:31 am:   

Tracy,

Thanks for your note. I believe that most, if not all of the middle and high school locations do have lighted tennis courts, but I would encourage you to confirm that with the Frisco Independent School District at 469-633-6000.

Please let me know if you have any additional qeustions.

Rick Wieland
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: