Watering between the designated hours... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Watering between the designated hours and while raining. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Username: My_2_cents_worth

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 02:43 pm:   

Why is it that the City of Frisco has little to no mercy on citizens caught one time watering during restricted times but the City of Frisco can water when they want to regardless of the restrictions? Today 9/10/2007 at 1:45 PM while driving north bound on Coit Rd south of Lynchburg street I observed water sprinklers watering the median. This was at 1:45 PM an obvious violation of the watering times and it was raining. See the picture. Will the City be fined like the Citizens are?City Violating Water Restrictions  9-10-07 at 145 PM

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 456
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 09:06 am:   

To My_2_cents_worth:

We perform routine visual inspections on all of our irrigation systems to check for leaks and any sprinkler heads that may need to be re-adjusted. There was an irrigation crew inspecting the Coit Road medians yesterday between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. You apparently didnít notice the City of Frisco vehicle that would have been parked somewhere in that vicinity. The majority of our irrigation systems, including the Coit Road medians, are on a computer system but we conduct routine tests and checks for leaks of all systems. All of our systems were off yesterday due to the rains. However, with the systems off, our irrigators still have the ability to manually operate the systems in order to do their inspections. Our normal irrigation times for most medians are between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message