Emergency Vehicle Delays? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Emergency Vehicle Delays? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

C & P
Username: Cpl

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   

I am curious, with all of the delays on Eldorado between the Tollway and 423, how do you expect emergency vehicles to get through? In the last two months, we have had to call 911 for a family member near Teel and Panther Creek. We have been lucky that it has been at a time when traffic has not been an issue. However, I worry about when there will be north bound traffic on Teel is backed up at Eldorado and west bound traffic on Eldorado from Teel.... with no where to pull over because of ditches or only one lane. How will they get through in a timely manner?

Username: Paul_siebert

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 05:22 pm:   

Dear C&P,
I hope there was a positive outcome for your family member and the Fire Departmentís services were what you expected. If they were not, please give us a call so we can discuss any concerns you may have.

Eldorado has been another step in the evolution of the city and one we are certainly tackling on a daily basis. Our department works closely with the GIS department to keep all of our mapping products up-to-date, which gives us a quick, reliable reference to alternate means of travel, when necessary, to various portions of the city. The Traffic Engineering Department provides daily road closure and detour information to us. Our firefighters and paramedics spend a great deal of their time traveling around the city, which provides them the opportunity to see changes and traffic conditions as they occur. Fire Officers and Paramedics monitor the radio and make real-time decisions on which units may be the closest and respond accordingly. With up-to-date mapping, road closure and detour updates, familiarization with the conditions on the ground, and real-time monitoring we are effectively able to provide timely service to our citizens.

In an effort to be proactive a few years ago, we established a "Pull to the Right for Sirens and Lights" public education campaign. This program has been very successful and we are able to see the results on the road as our citizens move to the right when they see emergency vehicles behind them.

Thanks for your question and if you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact either Chief Borchardt (972-292-6300) or me directly.

Paul Siebert
Deputy Chief
Frisco Fire Department

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message