Proposed park at stonelake estates Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Proposed park at stonelake estates » Proposed park at stonelake estates « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

PS
Username: Pat

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 01:21 pm:   

http://qanda.ci.frisco.tx.us/scripts/discus/show.pl?tpc=1&post=10529#POST10529

Hi,

I live in stonelake estates community. Please let me know where this park will be located. I think we are talking about the stonelake estates west. Just wanted clarifications. Thanks.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 332
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 02:14 pm:   

PS

Thanks for your note. We actually have two different neighborhood parks that have a Stonelake development as a part of it.

The first park is known as Foncine Settlement neighborhood park. This park is located at 15350 Appalosssa Drive and lies between the Frisco Heights and Stonelake West Estates development north of Eldorado.

This 7.0 acre neighborhood park was acquired in 2003 and master planned in 2006. Development of this park is currently underway and should be completed prior to the end of the calendar year.

The other park site that lies within the Stonelake Estates subdivision adjacent to Ashley Elementary School is currently known as the Stonelake Estates neighborhood park. This park site was acquired in 2002 and is currently in the final approval stage for master planning.

The City Council is expected to consider the master plan either at the second meeting in September or in October.

I hope that this helps to clarify your questions. Should you have any additional questions regarding this, please let me know.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation
972-292-6500
rwieland@friscotexas.gov

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 333
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 02:24 pm:   

PS,

In answer to your additional question regarding public tennis courts that are nearby either of the two park sites listed above, I would offer the following.

As far as city owned courts, we will ultimately have tennis courts located at Harold Bacchus Community Park, which is located on the south side of FM 3537 (Main Street), between Coit Road and Independence Parkway.

We will also have public courts located at the Northeast Community Park that is located north of Eldorado Parkway, south of Panther Creek Parkway and is located in the Panther Creek development.

The FISD also allows public use on their courts with the exception of times when school activities or events are taking place. This would include courts at their middle schools and high school sites in the community.

The closest FISD sites would include the Liberty High School site that is located along Rolater, west of Independence; Centennial High School which is located along Coit Road, the new high school being constructed along Eldorado Parkway, just west of Independence; and the Wester Middle School, located along and east of Rolater Road, near the Centennial High School site. There will also be a future middle school site located along Independence Parkway, just west of the Custer Creek Estates development.

I hope that this helps clarify your question.

Thanks again for your note and interest.

Rick Wieland

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: