Old Homes East of City Hall Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Old Homes East of City Hall « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Robin Carlisle
Username: Robin_c

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 01:53 pm:   

There are a couple of Victorian homes sitting just east of City Hall/Library that appear to have been relocated from somewhere else. (One of them is still sitting on the beams used to transport it.) Are there any plans for these homes to be renovated and opened to the public - maybe as museums? Where did they come from? Do they have any significant history?

Pete Hosp, Heritage Park Coordinator
Username: Pete_hosp

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 03:22 pm:   

The 2 houses you are seeing are part of the future Frisco Heritage Center. One of the homes is the Smith/Muse which is a late 19th century Victorian house. (home still on the beams) The other home is the Crozier/Covington/Sickles home which is also a late 19th century Victorian home. Both have historical background with Frisco and Lebanon families.

You may have also noticed that there is a church which is the late 19th century Lebanon Baptist Church. The church is in the process of being renovated and will be available for weddings and small church activities. The homes will also be renovated and open to the public.

Also on the site is a 18,000 square foot, 2 story museum (under construction) which will be a repository for Frisco Artifacts gathered by the Frisco Heritage Association. The museum will also house the collection of McKinney's Bolin Museum.

The Heritage Center is scheduled to open in early 2008. The Center will include a typical one room school house,log cabin, blacksmith shop, railroad depot and a 1910 steam locomotive and caboose.

The Heritage Center will be the home of a Babes Chicken Dinner House. Babes are a well known restaurent which has 7 locations in the metroplex. They will be able to seat 350 people along with a catering service. Their buildings will blend in with the Heritage Center.

I would be happy to show you the rendering of the Heritage Center as we see it at this point and answer any questions that you might have.

Feel free to call me at anytime and thanks for the interest.

Pete Hosp

Todd Eades
Username: Toddeades

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 08:11 pm:   

I'm very excited that Babe's will be opening in Frisco, my family drives to Garland or Carrollton at least once a month and look forward to a much shortly drive.

When do you expect Babe's to open and do you have the rendering viewable online? If no can you upload them to this thread?

Can you provide the address of the Heritage Center?

Thanks for your time.

Pete Hosp, Heritage Park Coordinator
Username: Pete_hosp

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 03:13 pm:   

Hello Todd.

Sorry for the delay.

We expect Babes to open the first quarter of 2008.

We do not have rendering that could be viewed on line. I would be more than happy to have you come by my office at city hall and I can show you a site plan of Babes.

The address of the Frisco Heritage Center is 6455 Page Street.

The Babes within the Heritage Center will be different than any of the others they have. This is the first Babes that they have built from the ground up. Normally they remodel an existing building. The building will fit in with the theme of the Heritage Center. It will be a great addition.

Again, feel free to contact me.

Pete Hosp
(972) 292-5111

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message