121 / DNT Weeds Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » 121 / DNT Weeds « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

E. Kyle Steinhauser
Username: Ekyle

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   

The intersection of the DNT / 121 looks terrible. Weeds overgrow the underpass and the areas of 121 before and after the intersection. What can the city do to demand TxDOT or the NTTA do something. This is our city's front door, and it looks like we have a very messy home.

Cissy Sylo, Director of Engineering Serv
Username: C_sylo

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 01:58 pm:   

Kyle, I have sent emails and phoned both TxDOT and NTTA regarding your email. Each agency has committed to send out a crew to determine if the weeds are their responsibility to maintain. With the construction of SH 121 and construction of the DNT extension it is difficult to know right now which agency or if both are responsible for mowing the weeds. I will follow up with them to make sure they have mowed the weeds. Thanks for your email.

Brian
Username: Brianb

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 08:07 am:   

Has there been any further developments with this issue? What is it going to take to get TxDOT/NTTA to mow & clean up this area in addition to the 4-5 ft tall weeds all along 121. Seems like it's all 'take' and no 'give' when it comes to the state's treatment of Collin County.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 414
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 08:10 am:   

Brian,
I have communicated again with TxDOT's Collin County area office. It is my understanding that TxDOT is responsible for the maintenance of their right-of-way for 121, including the grass on the outside of the frontage roads. As I am sure that you have noticed, the recent rains have helped the grass and other vegetation grow quickly. My personal experience with my yard needing to be mowed twice per week right now reinforces my understanding frequently. As I'm sure you can appreciate also, scheduling mowings between the daily rains is very challenging for everyone from homeowner to landscape company to TxDOT.

I can assure you that the staff we work with in the Collin County area office of TxDOT are diligent and committed to serving the citizens.

Elizabeth Metting, P.E.
Assistant Director of Engineering Services/City Engineer
972-292-5430 direct

FriscoB
Username: Friscob

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 03:47 pm:   

Has there been any further development on this? It's now going on 2 months - with very little rain - since the last post and still the weeds have not been mowed (nor the excessive trash cleaned up around DNT/121 intersection). Is there a phone # at the Collin County area office of TxDOT that people can call?

Elizabeth Metting, City Engineer/AsstDir
Username: Elizabeth_metting

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 11:44 pm:   

Please contact me with the specific location so that I can provide that to TxDOT. There are different contractors responsible for the various areas, so a specific location is necessary to determine who should be handling.
Elizabeth Metting, P.E.
Assistant Director of Engineering Services/City Engineer
972-292-5430 direct

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: