New firestation(#6)? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » New firestation(#6)? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Glenn
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:57 am:   

Hello,
I noticed in the January submittal summaries there are plans for a new firestation on Eldorado at acadia. Just wondering if this new station is still going to be built and if so when? I don't really see where a firestation could go in that area as it is all residential or school grounds?

Thanks for any info you have about this..

Glenn

Scott Ingalls, Zoning & Subdivision Admi
Username: Scott_ingalls

Post Number: 343
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 09:13 am:   

Glenn,

The City has property on the south side of the school that has been exchanged for the property on the southeast corner of the intersection. The school has an athletic field on this site now and will construct a new field on the property on the south side of the school so the fire station can be built so as to have direct access to Eldorado Parkway for better emergency response.

The fire station will be constructed at this location but no specific time frame for construction has been set at this time.

Scott Ingalls
Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:25 am:   

I thought bonds are now being sold for this firestation, has the schedule been set? Also, I heard Station 2 will be expanded. What are the details and when are those plans going forward? (Hope soon!)

Mack Borchardt, Fire Chief
Username: Mack_borchardt

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 08:30 am:   

Brian,

Bonds have been sold for Frisco Fire Staiton 6 which will be located at Eldorado Pkwy. and Acadia Lane. This site is between Griffin Middle School and Acadia where, if you are traveling the area, you can see construction beginning at this time. The estimated completion is Spring of 2008.

At this time thaere are no plans for an expansion of Station 2 although we do monitor call volume, response time, and development in each station's district and make recommendations for change based on that information.

Should you have additional questions please contact me at any time.

Thank you,
Mack Borchardt
Frisco Fire Chief
972-292-6310
firechief@friscofire.com

Brian C
Username: Brianc

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 11:34 am:   

Is there a place where we can see what firestation has what equipment. I would think that the area serviced by Station 2 has more homes yet has the least and maybe oldest equipment of any station. Also, Station 2 is now the oldest station and it is starting to show.. so we were hoping to see it be renovated both inside and outside as well as expanded. Thanks!

Mack Borchardt, Fire Chief
Username: Mack_borchardt

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 04:51 pm:   

Brian,

At this time, we do not have equipment listing by Fire Station; hopefully, that will be coming as a future addition to the City of Frisco web site.

Stations 2, 4, and 5 each have an Engine and Ambulance staffed at all times. Station 3 has an Engine and Aerial Ladder while Central Station has an Engine, Ambulance, and Aerial Ladder staffed each day. The response level for each station typically changes as new stations are added and each stationís response area is adjusted. For example, over the past 3 months Central Station has responded to 26.8% of all city calls, while Station 2 and Station 4 are 24.85% and 24.03% respectively. Station 3 comes in at 15.41% of the calls, while Station 5 is responding to 8.91%. All stations do house additional reserve fire and medical vehicles.

The equipment in Station 2 is the newest in our fleet with the Ambulance placed in service on February 13, 2007 and the Engine placed in service on June 7, 2007. Station 2 began operating in 1996 with much of the station equipment being installed at that time. The facility and equipment are maintained and/or replaced as the situation merits.

We are fortunate to have some of the newest fire stations in the Metroplex, and in fact anywhere in the nation. I do agree they need to be maintained and upgraded as needed. While fire station size and needs will be monitored, Station 2 will likely maintain the current complement of staffed vehicles, which will likely negate the need to expand the station.

I do appreciate your interest and can assure you we are fully committed to providing the same level of service to each area of Frisco. In a growing community I realize that as we add new stations and vehicles the newest technology and equipment is used. Existing facilities and equipment will remain a priority, and be upgraded in a fiscally responsible manner, as we continue to add new stations. Please contact me at any time you have any questions.

Thank you,
Mack Borchardt
Frisco Fire Chief
972-292-6310
firechief@friscofire.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: