Water pressure popping sprinkler heads? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Water pressure popping sprinkler heads? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Quince Jackson
Username: Quince

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   

I have about ten sprinkler heads that have popped off since I have moved into my home. At first I attributed it to cheap sprinkler heads put in by the builder. A neighbor told me that the problem is the water pressure coming to my home is 70 psi and the sprinkler heads are rated for 25 psi. He said the solution is to install a device to reduce the water pressure to the sprinklers. Is this true about the water pressure? Also, do I need a permit to add a pressure reducing device to my water line that goes to the sprinklers?

Gary Hartwell, Director of Public Works
Username: Gary

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 03:10 pm:   

The water pressure in Frisco can vary from 60 to 120 psi depending on the location of your home. You may install a pressure reducing valve on your water service line. Please contact the Building Inspection Department at 972-292-5301 to check on any required permits. Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message