Fire Ants at Warren Field Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Fire Ants at Warren Field « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Mike Stroud
Username: Stroudtx

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 12:37 am:   

I coach a soccer team and we had a game today at Warren Field. I noticed a lot of fire ant mounds all over the place. With year round treatments available, why are they popping up? There are a lot of little kids running around there and it would be nice for us not have to worry about that aspect of the park.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 286
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 11:10 am:   

Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry. Fire ants are a problem we deal with every year. You have probably noticed that after a rain is the worst time because thatís when they come to the surface. We do use a product that is for year round control, but I think most entomologists will tell you that there is no 100% solution to the control of fire ants, particularly in large areas such as parks, athletic complexes and golf courses.

We monitor all fields daily and supplement the applications mentioned above with individual mound treatments. In fact, several mounds were treated today at the Warren, Bacchus and Youth Center fields.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Regards,

Bob Johnson
Superintendent of Parks
972-292-6503
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: