Tree Planting Program Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Tree Planting Program « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Candy Bollinger
Username: Sweetcandytx

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 12:42 am:   

I am a new resident of Texas. I live in Grayhawk. There are not many trees in my community. I wanted to know if Frisco has a tree planting program. The City from where I am from has a program for their residents to buy trees at a discounted price, which included the planting of the tree. We were only allowed to plant them on the swails. The Oak trees were $15.00 a piece. My street was beautiful and full of trees due to this program. The offer was included in my utility bill envelope once a year.

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 01:24 pm:   

First of all, welcome to Frisco. We hope that you enjoy your time here. Also, thanks for your note regarding a possible tree planting program that we might offer through our Urban Forestry program.

Over the past few years we have been able to provide a tree planting program called the Neighborwoods Program sponsored through the Texas Forestry Service. This program allowed for free trees to be distributed to certain portions of the city.

While we have been informed that the Forest Service is not sponsoring this program this year, our staff will continue to monitor this and see if there might be any other programs available to pursue.

I would encourage you to contact our Superintendent of Parks, Bobby Johnson to see if he is aware of any status change. Bobby can be contacted directly by telephone (972-292-6502) or by email

Should you have any additional questions regarding this, please feel free to let me or our staff know.

Rick Wieland
Director of Parks and Recreation

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message