Recycling in Frisco Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Recycling in Frisco « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Brian Denmark
Username: Bdenmark

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   

What are the plans to improve recycling in Frisco? With the recycling center only open the first Saturday of the month and weekdays when most people are at work, it is very difficult for people to recycle larger items. It would be very helpful if the recycling center was open at more "user friendly" hours.

Pippa Couvillion, Environmental Services Manager
Username: Pippa

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 05:20 pm:   

I am sorry that our Recycling Center hours fall short of your expectations. I can assure you that this is not our intent. The Center's usage dropped significantly after the introduction of our automated cart collection system. So much so that it became apparent that, in the interest of good management practices, the costs associated with extended operating hours was unjustifiable.

Wednesday hours were extended to provide access to accommodate "after working hours" participation.

Regarding larger items, the only large item that is acceptable at the center is cardboard. The latter can be broken down and placed inside the blue cart or flattened, tied and bundled and set out for collection on your pick up day.

I think you would agree that a program has to make good economical sense. By limiting the Recyclng Center hours we are not only able to curb operating costs but are also able to use the personnel that would otherwise be serving so few to concentrate on other efforts such as litter prevention and clean up.

If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call at 972-292-5910

Thanks you for your continued recycling support!

Pippa Couvillion,
Environmental Services Manager

Melissa C. Conover
Username: Melmaky

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 05:35 pm:   

How would I go about getting a recycle bin/pick-up for my place of business. I am working hard implementing a program for our paper and plastic bottles, but am having a difficult time transporting the mass. I am sure that if given the oppurtunity to have a commercial recyle bin for paper and plastcs out back - The nearby businesses would use it as well. Currently we have a cardboard only bin. Is it possible to have a plastic/glass bin as well?
Thank you for your time and effort.

Curt Balogh, Spec. Asst. to the City Mgr
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 563
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 05:11 pm:   

Per Pippa Couvillion, Environmental Services Manager:

First of all, many thanks for working so hard to get recycling going in your office; there is a program that is available. For a nominal fee of $10 per month, your offices can be provided with a 95 gallon recycling cart with once a week collection. I would need to know the location of your office to determine what day of the week your service would occur. The company that would provide this service is the same one that provides our residential services, Community Waste Disposal. The contact to set up service is Robert Medigovich, Municipal Coordinator 972-333-6106

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message