Swimming Pool Pump Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Swimming Pool Pump « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Frisco Citizen
Username: Scottwil01

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 07:34 pm:   

My neighbor seems to be planning to put in a swimming pool at their home and it looks like the pump will be placed on the side of their home next to our bedroom and childrens downstairs bedroom. Our homes are 10-15ft from each other and we are concern about the consistant noise if this should be placed in this location. Is there any ordinance on where a pump is placed as well as the noise from the pump being heard in our home and childrens room 24 hours a day. How can I prevent the pump from being installed next to our window and bedroom?

Steve Covington, Chief Building Off
Username: Steve

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 04:10 pm:   

Our ordinances allow the placement of equipment, such as AC compressors and pool equipment, in the side yard. Common courtesy should be considered when placing this equipment but that is not always the case. Staff will comment on the location of equipment during plan review; however we are not always aware of what exists on adjacent properties at that time. I suggest you visit with your neighbor to express your concerns, or contact me to discuss other options at 972 292-5330.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message